Ever heard the expression "I'm dying of thirst"? Well it's no exaggeration! Such a simple liquid is so important to the human body. Over 75% of our bodies are made of this stuff. Deprive the body of this vital fluid and we would be a corpse within a few days.....around 7 to be precise.
Not only is water essential for your existence. it has a huge number of health benefits too!
- Water flows through the blood, carrying oxygen and nutrients to cells and flushing wastes out of our bodies.
- It cushions our joints and soft tissues.
- Without water as a routine part of our intake, we cannot digest or absorb food.
- Regulates body temperature
- Removes waste from the body and blood
- Protects and cushions vital organs
- Helps the body absorb nutrients
- Helps carry oxygenated blood to our muscles
Most people really do underestimate how much water does for us. And you know what the best news about drinking water for health benefits is? It's virtually free! It will take over 4,000 glasses of tap water for the price of a six-pack of high sugar cola.......so drink up!